Crimbo clicking and the week ahead....



I have been working on Christmas the last few weeks as although I predominantly concentrate on doing corporate or PR photography for firms or venues to use for marketing in future, this year I am also doing a guest driven photography package.
This isn't like some other Events photographers that you see where a studio set up is available or an area reserved for pictures and hen printing on site, I am offering a relaxed, guest driven image service capturing reportage pictures of the evening alongside posed pictures of friends and guests together - where they want to be. So at their table, on the dance-floor or at the reception having a drink.

Now this is a larger challenge for the photographer as more of a concerted effort has to put into seeking the guests and asking them if they would like their pic taken. It also leaves a lot of the lighting situation out of your hand or rather more for you to deal with. There is then the distribution of the cards and letting everybody know where they can see and purchase the pics. That said I love these challenges, I truly believe the images are far more fun, relaxed and really capture the atmosphere of the event and the emotions shared between the group being photographed. I get to build a report and we can have a laugh together and get an image that really is all about them and that, I love!

If you would be interested in finding out more, please feel free to drop me a line on hello@carli-art.co.uk

__________________________________________________________________

It being a Sunday and me having tried to work all day but spent a lot of it perched on the armchair watching TV 'just for a moment though' before going back to work; I felt it necessary to introduce you to the week ahead. We have a whole week of interviews with photographers!!! I wanted to do this to give you a feel of what other photographers were about and also some advise or experience that I was unable to offer. I have spoken to a range of photographers but have a couple that specialize in portraiture and weddings, a side I don't too often touch on here.
Therefore, prepare yourself for interviews with the following beauties:

  • Tuesday: Emma Coleman from Blink Photography
  • Wednesday: Bob Kirchstein from Opal Creative
  • Thursday: Elayne Barre from Elayne Barre Photography
  • Friday: Double trouble with Kat and Hannah from Artis Studios.

Any last minute questions you want to ask? Get in touch@ hello@carli-art.co.uk

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! x