123....5


After an exhausting night being kept awake by a drunk sibling I have failed to do anything constructive today really however have managed to sit down and put some time in to researching submitting work to fashion magazines. It is a hard business and I can imagine literally thousands of photographers are doing the same thing everyday but if I don't start at least learning how to do it properly, then I don't stand the first chance.
Part of my 'big' plan is to shoot more and more fashion and put myself forward for more and more editorial ideas and to just get myself out there more.
As it has been a pretty mind bending process I thought I would record some of it here for you guys in case you found it useful should you, like me be trying to submit any work!

Btw - this is just info I have found from looking online and in books so there is probably plenty more and not all of it may be useful but its there. If you have any further suggestions or ideas - please feel free to leave comments!

- What are you shooting? What style do you have? What style does your photography fit into in terms of magazines or publications
- Research the magazine, buy the magazine, live the magazine you wish to submit to.
- Polish your online portfolio then polish it again.
- Get a printed portfolio so if you are called in or if you are going to send it off. (I am yet to do this however will have it done by Feb next year. Am budget planning now as want to get a few so I can send out to more than one client / magazine / editor at a time.
- What do you have to offer them?
- Do they accept submissions and if so, is there a particular theme they are running for the next issue so you can have something ready and waiting
- Do you have to submit words as well?
- What file formats / colour profile / size etc should submitted work be in?
- Editors / art directors name and contact details
- Email, Call and post. Get in touch. Don't stalk but be persistent.

Helpful sites:
www.125magazine.com
www.mastheads.org
www.google.com