Pass me that straight jacket......


What does it take to organize a fashion shoot?
Let me tell you - insanity!

I do not know what other photographers or make up artists or anyone creative does to increase their portfolio in terms of testing and how they go about arranging shoots but it seems like a never ending process with so may ins and outs. There is just so much to arrange.

Models, MUAs, Hair stylist, wardrobe stylist, designer, accessories, shoes, props, location, food and of course logistics and getting everyone there. It doesn't sound like a lot but think about it just for a moment, all those little things....yea....lots to do.

I have almost everything ready now. Gazebo to store the clothes in (we are outside so need protection for le wonderful designers garments), clothes rail, floor covering, chairs for models etc to sit on while make up happening; generator for lights but also for any electrical hair equipment. I have lunch arranged - thank you Waitrose catering, I have the models, make up artist and assistant arriving at the same station at the same time. The stylist I am picking up afterwards. Oh, I have to get there first with all of this stuff (plus camera equipment and lights etc) to set up so my lovely mum has offered to stand watchmen. Bless, love mums.

Anyway, is this how others do it?! I suppose in the paid world there is a shoot director / organizer but so far so good I think. I am more excited about the food than anything! Oh and the chair that I am making 'distressed' tomorrow - paint and sandpaper I feel is the answer to that one.

Watch this space, I may be panicking Monday night!