Yuuuk to marmite....criminal......


Well I managed to grab a few moments of the fashionistas time this morning and will hopefully be bringing you an interesting insight into the world of Yolande Letshou.....not only the lady that invited me to the fashion event on Sunday (I will stop talking about that one day!) but also who in the future I plan to do some art collaborations with.  Here is a quick fire interview.....

Name: Yolande Letshou
Occupation: Artist / Journalist

So you do fashion styling, sketching, customize your own clothes, make cards ,sell and mark artworks.....anything you don't do?
LOL.  Unfortunately not - joking!  I don't do photography and only customize clothes for myself.  I just love & am completely obsessed with the arts, in fact I am in love with it.
Your true love....the thing you really want to do career wise, what is it?
Become a full time artists and retire as an Art Teacher. 
How did you get started in fashion?
Professionally it began in 2005 when I applied for a position in the fashion fabrics buying department for John Lewis Head office.  I really had to sell myself as ideally a fashion degree was desired & my degree was in journalism and my background was in other media related roles.  I would say John Lewis taught me a lot about fashion and business.  Also, when I was 18 i ran my own jewelry stall in the summer for 2 years whist studying.
What makes you tick....pick one: Clothes, accessories, love, talking, friends, alcohol or Art?
I am an accessories junkie but I feel part of that is to do with the fact that my mother has been involved in the accessories business for over 15 yrs, so makes me tick the most, Art.  (A big apology to all my friends - you know i love you all!)
What or who inspires you?
Gosh, I am inspired by all sorts.  I mean a woman walking down the street in a specific way can inspire the structure of one of my paintings.  I am also inspired by catwalk shows, Artists Frida Kahlo, Paul Cezanne, fashion mags and my mother.
Favorite item of yours at the moment?
Oooooo, hard.  I would say the lady in the bandage dress which is a painting of mine, it didn't take me long but I really like the outcome and think I was in the right frame of mind when I painted her.
Most recent art piece?
The African influenced painting that I have just finished for a client.
Tell me more about your canvas's & landscapes....
Landscapes were my first love before moving to fashion.  I like to pay attention to every little but of details so they can be very time consuming and unfortunately don't sell as well as my fashion pieces.
I want to get 'in your click' and assist you on a fashion show or styling job...what would persuade you - Pro activeness / enthusiasm or just the hard cash baby!
Personality and creativity!! You need to be a really quick thinker and be able to use your own initiative as I tend to work under a lot of pressure and haven't time to babysit.
Marmite?
Yuuuuuk
Peanut Butter - crunchy or smooth?
Smooth with plan donuts, uuuuummmm.
Advise for budding creatives?
It doesn't happen overnight and only the strong survive.  Don't be easily disheartened.  I am constantly marketing myself and always carry business cards.
One piece of make up you can't live without?
Eyeliner
Final Words?
A big thank you for taking time out to interview me and anyone that wants to join my mailing list - info@lovegenevieve.co.uk

Well quite frankly I am a little disappointed that I seem to have unearthed a Marmite hater & to top it off, smooth peanut butter and on top of donuts?! Interesting combination to say the least.  I am crunchy all the way on top of crumpets but different strokes, different folks! To learn more about Yolande, her artwork, her fashion styling, paintings and all other manner of pies she has her fingers in then log on.

www.lovegenevieve.co.uk / www.lagenevenorth.co.uk