Shades of grape....the return of velvet?

As promised here is a quick email interview with the lovely Theresa from La Geneve North Events. Submerged in the fashion world and currently living it up at LFW she gives us some news on their most recent show which offers emerging designers the opportunity to establish themselves in the fashion world and promote their garments at a professional, well managed catwalk event. Plus, get free goody bags of course!

" Darling hi hi" Kiss on both cheeks then the left one again. "So your fashion show gave emerging and independent designers an
opportunity to showcase their talents to the masses...out of the list did you have a favorite designer there?"
Well our show saw 10 designers showcase over two nights. I would say on the first night, my favourite was Hanna's collection HMH Couture. Her grecian style dresses are just beautiful, and I fell in love with those when I first saw them about a month ago! She is very talented and she already has a celebrity following so that is sure to continue...http://www.hmhcouture.com/ <http://www.hmhcouture.com/> For the second night, I loved Marthe Aime's collars http://www.martheaime.fr/ <http://www.martheaime.fr/> . They stood out as being quirky and unique and I could definitely see myself wearing one of those! Marthe Aime was our only unisex label in the show. This show also featured Monica Couture's collection which was extremely popular at our last event at the Valmont Club. Her collection contains beautiful pieces with embroidery, embeli
ishments and Swarovski crystals. Stunning!

"Favourite item of clothing at the event and it doesnt have to be on the catwalk?"
Mazelinos's whole look which was evident throughout her collection was incredible - there was a strong Breakfast at Tiffany's feel (and I love that film). I abolutely adored the bright red headpieces which each of the models wore on the catwalk. I think I might make a trip to Brighton soon for one of those!

"Come on, were all dying to know - What did the goody bags include?!"
So our goody bags included an item of Love Genevieve jewellery, lots of designer and exhibitor info, a copy of DV8 magazine which has recently launched in South London, and a bottle of SIP water. I was loving the lemongrass and ginger flavour!

"Ok moving onto more recent fashion week events who was the last person you spoke to at the event and what did they do?"
Well last night, Yolande and I
went along to the KTZ show and then straight on to the Carlotta Gherzi for Sado show. We were with Daryl from Cliquisse Models and a lady called Tara who has been in the fashion indust
ry for many years.

"Have you any backstage gossip such as trips, falls, bitch fights or exciting bits of fashion info we should be looking out for?"
Well, we almost had an incident at one of our last shows where the one of the models shoes came unstrapped so she was having to slide her foot around whilst pretending that everything is fine. She managed to make it back without falling, I am not sure how!!

"Who do you usually attend fash
ion shows with and what do you go with the intention of achieving or getting from the event?"
This is my first year attending LFW and I have had a great time! It's very hectic and manic, especially as our shows were scheduled for the first part of the week too. Yolande and I have both been attending shows though, and so I think by the end of this week we will be ready to collapse. The main reason, I go is to see which trends are going forth to S/S 10. The hair and beauty trends are also really interesting as we have to create our looks for shows so it's great to get inspiration.
I would love to have seen the PPQ show and the Louise Goldin show.

"Your fashion style tip for the Xmas season?"
Velvet! I love the new style of velvet dresses with the intricate embroidery and devorie effects. They can be really sexy, sculptured and they look incredible! They are perfect for the Autumn and Winter season. Plus my colour for A/W would have to be the teal colour as seen in the shows for Mark Jaco
bs and Twenty8twelve (A/W09). I love it!

"And what other events has La Geneve North got planned for us this year?" We have lots of shows lined up for private clients, plus we are going to be starting a range of workshops shortly, designer samples sales and February's "A La Mode" looks set to be another exciting show with designers already requesting applications! Better get back to work I guess...


Well I would never have guessed velvet, you mean that horrible fabric that causes palpitations if stroked the wrong way and hangs from old women in shades of grape?! Yes indeed people.....look out for it!