Drape Jackets, IFE and some chocolate....


Been a little lame on the posting front but have been really busy and then the last 2 days actually steered clear of the laptop and had some days where I don't work - miracle!

Anyway back on it as have a week away from the P/T job to get my head down and figure out my big plan basically. Get some marketing done, clear my editing, sort out my huuuuggge filing pile and update my portfolio. Plus look properly at when I can move to London and go at this full time. It was a hard decision quitting my full time job a couple of years ago as for me at the time, it was a career. I was on the design team for a production company designing menswear for the likes of French Connection and Ted Baker, my salary wasn't bad at all and I loved it. I was however not creatively challenged enough and buttons were not being hit, so here I sit today 18 months down the line with a part time job to get the cash and ploughing ridiculous hours a week into making photography work. Well its not going to work unless I do it full time basically. Yes part time supplied much needed funds and stability and its a massive catch 22 situation but its time I did this and I did it right. I have to make this really work for me now cos I cant live like a student forever! So here is to actually going for it and taking the leap to freedom!!

In a bid to fill myself even more so of creative juices and drown in the 'buzz' I am currently going to London at least 2 or 3 times a week (even if its just to drive through Shoreditch!) I am planning another 2 fashion shoots to complete before the end of the year and I am buying magazines like there going out of production and tearing out my favorite pages and sticking them on my wall! I love it. My working environment is starting to come together!!

One of these 'creative' moments urged me to go shopping (no really it was the creativity!) so off I went into town to get some business bits and bobs and also generally ogle at clothes. I found a beautiful jacket that I justified spending £70 on by telling myself not only could I wear it out but also it would be perfect for photo jobs where a little stylish smartness was required. Well, all in the name of Carli-Art photography!

Today see's me flicking through Harpers Bazaar, replying to some photography job posts I have seen and delving into the inspirational publication called Image Makers Image Takers. A great book to immerse yourself in and give yourself some much needed arse kicking. I will also, as tradition has it, be sat here at my laptop editing. I cant wait to finish the fashion pics as for once in quite some time, I am actually really pleased with my images from the shoot! Yay!

Over and out - till I get bored later and write again ;-)