Go GaGa for Zedhead.....

Designer and director of Zedhead designs, Zoe Thompson has provided some items for the shoot.....here we find out a bit more about her and her fashion label.

www.zedheaddesigns.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/ZEDHEAD-FASHION-ACCESSORIES-AND-FUNKY-JEWLERRY/7498019830?ref=ts

How long have you been designing?
2-3 years professionally, since leaving university and the subsequent launch of my website.
What do you think you offer that other designers don't?
There is always somebody out there doing similar to anothers work, but I think I have a daring and bold sense of colour.
The name Zedhead is interesting - tell me more....
Well I needed a name for my label and wanted it to be something personal, so an old childhood nickname it was!
Lycra, leather, lace or loose?
Lace
Where do you see yourself / Zedhead in five years?
I hope to have both my fashion brand and hoe wares in lots more boutiques, and the biggest and best stores both in the UK and overseas.  Also I would love to open up my own Zedhead boutique! That's my aim.
Your favourite person at the moment?
On the fashion front I would say Lady GaGa.  I love some of her statement wears from her current video.
From where do you seek inspiration for your handbags and printed tees?
From all around me on a day to day basis.  Being a print designer I am always on the look out for exciting colour combinations, new shapes, textures and how I can incorporate into new designs.  I have a fetish for exotic feathers, birds and animal prints and skins which always have great colours and textures.  Then I can look at something which is the complete opposite such as street graffiti or old decaying buildings for patterns.  I always try and keep an eye on up and coming trends and add my own twist.
Any words of advise on networking?
Get yourself on every network going and provide regular updates, new products and always be ahead of trends.  Ensure you collaborate with photographers, stylists and magazines as these are the people that give your products exposure.
In the words of Kate Perry have you ever kissed a girl and did you like it?
Ur yeah, but no but, yea!  And in the words of Moby @I like it, I liked it a lot!"
Give me one sentence that will inspire and motivate others?
If you love what you do and do it well, you will make it, even it takes time!
Final words?
Check out my website!  www.zedheaddesigns.com

See some of Zedhead's handbags in my up and coming shoot - pictures will be posted @ the end of next week!!