3 minutes of satisfaction...Networking....


Somewhat behind with the blogging this week so apologies.  Honestly, where is time going?  The last few months have been madness...yesterday I was waking up and waiting anxiously for Father Christmas to eat my homemade mince pies.  I am not a fan of this whirlwind in which time travels.

I attended a speed networking event today at Donnington Country Club with the lovely people from Berkshire Speed Networks, Catherine and John.  Having been to a few events I feel I have a good overview of what they are all about now & can honestly say that not only are these events enjoyable but they offer a great opportunity to get to know other local business's, get out from behind that desk and quite possibly, create future leads.  If your intending on going, dropping a hard sell and walking out with confirmed deal then think again.  This isn't about force feeding your business to someone or expecting a sale after talking for 3 minutes across a table in a crowded room.  This is about creating a positive first impression, starting a relationship that could lead to future opportunities and just learning about other companies and people around you.  

This is something I love doing.  I love absorbing information about other people's business's, their livelihoods, every day experiences and lets face it, their passions.  My brain starts ticking straight away about ways I could help or image ideas that could represent them, or most importantly what biscuit they would have with their tea. You can tell a lot about a person by the biscuit they choose.

Either way, I met some fantastic people today and am looking forward to the next event and the next lot of biscuit guessing!

Who said you can't be satisfied in 3 minutes.....just click here.

(Image courtesy of residents.com)