French, Bums, German Fetish....


INTERVIEW WITH EROTIC DIGITAL ARTIST TSUBASA.....

Your work is extremely erotic and seems to suggest a fetish towards heels (really!) and bondage.....do you seek inspiration from your own experiences or frm other sources?

It's really a combination of things, but it's hard to pinpoint where the work comes from. Some from experiences and some from outside influences. The work that seems to be the most liked has usually just flowed through the design process though. I do have a thing for very high heels and bondage.

The photography in your images, is this something you do too? Do you often collaborate with other artists?

I do the photography in the portraits I make. I have collaborated with photographers in the past, but I prefer to shoot my own work. It's not an ego thing. It's more about taking ownership of the whole process.

How did you get into this kind of digital art and how long have you been pushing the boundaries of editing software?

I used to paint and draw and got really frustrated with it. Digital is something that just came naturally. I don't know that I'm really pushing the boundaries of any technology. There is a wealth of really incredible digital work out there that I can't get near.

Where didu learn such amazing digital skills?

I took a job 20 years ago for computer design. That's when I started learning. The tsubasa stuff started around 5 years after using all of the same tools. It's one long, never-ending learning process after that.

Where would you say has been your best show / exhibition and why?

I did a show in Sweden that was pretty cool. The surroundings were beautiful. Did a hanging at the German Fetish Ball that was 100 tiny prints. Looked like a bunch of oversized pixels. Having my video at CineKink in NY was a treat too.

Whats the naughtiest thing you've done?

That's for me to know and you to find out.

Do you ever use people you know really well as models and does that make it easier / harder?

Most of the models I've worked with I met through doing portraits and then they either became friends (or enemies
wink

French or English....im talking about mustard?

If it's mustard it has to be French.

Boobs or Bums?

Do I have to choose? If so, then Bums hands down.

Advise for budding artists?

Just be honest with yourself in your work. Do it for you and not your critics.

What's the first thing you did this morning?

Check my email (I'm a geek)

Plans for the future?

Good question. Really.

Anything else you would like to add or even ask me / the audience?

What inspires you? What makes you tick? That's what interests me the most about people.



Thank you to Tsubasa for the interview. You can view more of his work at his site, here.

Who would you like to see interviewed? Got some art you want to talk about? Get in touch.....