In an instant.....

You may have read that after 62 years, Polaroid are stopping production.  

For all professional, amateur or just the everyday photographer this is a great shame.  Whether a medium format user or a handy instant pix camera,  the joys of taking a polaroid & being presented with an image a few minutes later are amazing.  In terms of film photo shoots they offer you a quick way to test the light and models often grabble over the best polaroid, both photographer and muse wanting that raw moment of the day captured so, well instantly.  Somehow I feel that polaroids have something more true or unfeigned about them, like the camera and film can lie but the polaroid cant.  Maybe because I see them as a test for the 'real thing' - the polaroid can capture the true moment before the pose comes into play.  Anyway, on reflection of the news polaroid may no longer be, I found a vintage polaroid camera on Ebay - it's my find of the week and I think it's great.  Get in there before I do!!